JFI:Going Bananas!!

When the JFI was announced for this month I almost went Bananas…hehe!! Yup this month’s Jhiva for Ingredients is Bananas. The following are my entries to this month’s JFI started by Indira of Mahanandi and hosted by Mandira of Ahaar


Rasayanna:

This is a typical and traditional Banana sweet dish that can be made in a flash and I mean in a flash. Three ingredients and the banana and you are done! This is also made on auspicious occasions like festivals and for poojas. It is also served as prasada.

You will need:

2 large ripe bananas or 4 baby bananas
2 tbsp Grated fresh coconut
3 tsps Sugar
½ tsp Cardamom powder

Slice the banana into medium sized slices. Add the coconut, sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well and let sit for a minute. Serve immediately. If you want this cold, then chill the bananas before slicing.


Banana Mashe

Ok that is one name I had to make up because we simply call this Pachki!! Pachki because the banana is mashed up ..hehe

You will need:

2 large ripe bananas
1 cup Milk
2 tbsps Sugar
Cashews and Raisins
A pinch cardamom powder

roughly mash the bananas in a bowl with the help of a fork. Add the milk and sugar. Stir to make a gravy like consistency. Add more milk if required. Add the cashews, raisins and cardamom powder. Mix well and serve. Chill the milk and banana before using, that way the end result is cold. Serve before bananas turn black!!


Bananas with Custard

This is from one of my previous posts. Banana with Custard is a delicious dessert that will have your guests wanting more :)

7 comments:

  1. Rasyana that is a excelent combo, banana and coconut.
    Love the banana with custard too Delicious. yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeHe! I almost gave that title to my post too but called it something else.All of them looks yummy, love the Rasayana!Slurp!:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that is what I call going bananas :) love all the recipes. Thank you for your entry :) -- Mandira

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice entries! in which language are the first 2 recipes called like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got my eye on that first one...I have gotta try that, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Happy cook! Try Rasayanna..

    Haha, thank goodness you didn't name it the same way :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mandira:)

    Thanks Sharmi, oh both are in Kannada...I seem to have forgotten to mention that.. I assumed every one knew I was kannadiga..hehe

    Thanks Meeso, do try it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin