Raspberry Lemon Sparklers

The flavour of raspberries has been a favourite for as long as I can remember. These red berries aren't easily available in India so I hadn't actually eaten a raspberry but one way we always got to enjoy the flavour of this fruit was in the Raspberry Duet ice cream bar of Joy Ice creams. A Vanilla ice cream bar with a raspberry coating...slurp!

With the temperatures slowly climbing and the heat kicking in, Summer is finally here. What better way to cool off than with a cold refreshing drink. I decided to make something with my favourite flavour....no points for guessing which flavour :-D

Raspberry Lemon Sparklers:

You will need:

1 ½ Cup Raspberries (fresh/frozen)
1/2 Sugar
1 tbsp Lemon juice
Ice
Plain Soda or Sprite
Mint Sprigs for garnish

In a medium bowl, mash the raspberries with the sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup water, then strain into a jug, pressing with the back of a spoon to extract all of the liquid. Stir in the lemon juice and add 2 cups more water.

Fill glasses halfway with ice, pour the extracted juice over the ice and top off with little bit of the soda. Garnish with mint sprigs and a few fresh raspberries (if you are using fresh).

Raspberry Lemon Sparklers is my entry to AFAM: Raspberry hosted by Dee of Ammalu's Kitchen. Thanks Dee for the lovely pick :)

25 comments:

  1. Hi Narmada,
    Looks very delicious. Will try once. Thanks for sharing.
    -Sailaja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like thre is no need to buy the torani's raspberry italian soda.. I like to sip it once in a while, would love to try urs!! Thanks for participating namratha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a awesome drink. Looks so cool. Loved the beautiful color. Nice presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very nice and refershing Namratha..

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, looks so cool and attractive ur drink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really a cool one..attracting colour..Nice one namratha..

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely drink Namratha..Very true we dont get fresh raspberries in India!! sad isnt it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Namratha, I m yet to taste fresh raspberry (here its either frozen or transformed to jams/icecreams) Yr sparklers look cool! Wd try minus the aerated drink though..tks for sharing!!(Its 50 deg C yes celcius in the day time here! hot winds blowing outside until late evening! We r fortunately in the comforts of our home!)tks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. raspberry is one of my fav flavor too....the drink seems a winner and the pics are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. drool worthy pic namratha. simply gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never knewss about this drink, it looks so refreshing, will try them soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely delicious! Will try this as soon as temp hits 80 for sure!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!what a cooling and refreshing drink!!!lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for the typo in my comments Namratha

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a refreshing and beautiful looking drink Namratha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hadn't eaten a raspberry either till I came here.:D

    The sparkler looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also prepared a raspberry lemonade (without soda) for the event and also poured them in ice pop moulds to get cute popsicles. My son love the ice pops.

    This one is a good idea Namratha. I'll try it the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. droolworthy pics namratha.... too good...

    ReplyDelete
  19. AnonymousMay 29, 2008

    That looks so refreshing! The pic is absolutely drool worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yep..i am with what homecooked said..it looks refreshing...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these kind of fruity drinks in summer... I can imagine sipping this while grilling something tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this looks very refreshing! Just love those pics :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a delightful drink ! I will drink up, from both glasses. It's so very hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Sailaja, pleasure to have u over :)

    Thanks Dee, it was my pleasure :)

    Thanks Sukanya :)

    Thanks Maya and Cham!

    Thanks Lavi,I loveee the colour too :)

    Thanks Swati, yup dear, its a pity you don't get them there. Would you like me to send u some? :)

    Thanks Purnima, oh do try this when u get a chance.

    Thanks Bhags :)

    Thanks Sia :)

    Thanks Happy :)

    Thanks Asha :)

    Thanks Ranji :)

    Hey no problem Sailaja :)

    Thanks Laavi dear :)

    Thanks T! :)

    Ohh yes I saw that Madhu, looks fabulous! Ice pops is a brilliant idea!

    Thanks Swati:)

    Thanks Homecooked!

    Thanks R:)

    Mmmm that would be a fab combo Meeso :)

    Thanks Rosie :)

    Hehe, be my guest Pravs :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi namratha
    its first visit of mine to ur blo and it is too good and i loved it and so i added u to my blogroll and an award for u there in my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin