Three Pepper Penne Pasta

I acquired my love for pasta when I came to the US. Italian food just has me drooling anytime of the day, week, month…hehe! Since I love it so much, I began making pasta dishes at home to satisfy my ‘pasta’ tooth. when you make pasta at home you get to control what goes into it. Here’s one of my latest inventions, a simple pasta dish which tastes good any day of the week.

You will need

2 cups Penne Pasta (or any small pasta with ridges/lines)
1 Red Bell pepper
1 Yellow Bell pepper
1 Green bell pepper
2 tbsps Butter
½ cup Heavy cream
½ tsp Pepper
Salt to taste
1 ½ tsps Crushed Red chilli flakes
6-7 Cloves of Garlic (thinly sliced)
Water to boil pasta
Parmesan cheese for granish (optional)







Bring water to boil, add a generous amount of salt, this is your only chance to actually salt the pasta itself. Add Penne pasta. Cook for 9-11 minutes till al dente i.e. till its almost done but with a light bite to it.

Slice the bell peppers and keep aside. While the pasta cooks, heat 1 tbsp of butter in a pan. When it melts add the sliced garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the red chilli flakes and pepper. Add the sliced bell peppers and sauté till they are soft about 6-8 minutes. Now add the remaining butter, heavy cream and salt, bring to a simmering boil. Drain the pasta and toss with sauce. Serve hot with grated parmesan cheese on top.


You can use any pasta other than Penne but make sure to choose one which has lines on it, that helps hold the sauce better.

Since this dish already contains butter and cream, I thought I’d eat it without the cheese…too fattening you know …hehe!! Well all in all it sure is one great pasta dish…give it a try :)

13 comments:

  1. namratha..looks delicious...did i see half cup of cream and 2 tbls butter..c'mon take the cheese too ;)..he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...that's what I intended..it was no big deal foregoing the cheese...I got loads of fat from this dish eitherways..hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dish looks great! I don't eat a lot of pasta, it always seems to make me hungrier than before I ate, but really this dish is looking so tasty I want to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bowl of pasta looks very enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pasta looks yummy! My kids would eat Pasta everyday if I let them!:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pasta looks great.
    If i could i would eat pasta everyday too. The dish looks so colourful. It is a feast for ones eye

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... I love pasta too.... slight difference in my way of making is I add chilli garlic sauce in the beginning and pesto sauce in the end... and also load it with a lot of veggies... as this is the only way I can make my hubby eat them...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recipe it looks lovely, yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Lavaanya :)

    Hehe..Asha I'm no better than your kids..I'm always craving pasta too:)

    Hmm that's a nice version Suman :)

    Thanks Jeena!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay!!!! my favourite pasta..... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe Raki, yup its your fav pasta..try it and lemme know how it was..:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made this the other day and my daughter loved it. So did the two of us. I love penne pasta as much as you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin