No-bake cookies – Bachelor’s Buttons

Cookies and no baking? Does sound intriguing right? Not so much when you make these Bachelor’s Buttons. This is one of the very first things I learned from mom, for the very simple reason that I loved them. As a kid,I often watched mom make it during her cooking classes and waited eagerly to get hold of these after the class. Definitely worth the wait!


Years later, and I still love it as much as I did then. Anytime I need to take a walk down memory lane, I know just the thing to make -- Bachelor's Buttons



Bachelor's Buttons are perfect for any occasion. They are light and can be made in a snap! A few simple ingredients, but the outcome will make it look like you slogged for hours!



You will need:


30 Marie biscuits, quartered

½ Cup Sweetened Condensed milk

3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

4 tbsp Butter, softened

1-2 tsp Milk, if required


For the Topping:

½ Cup Desiccated coconut

Dried cherries or Hershey’s Mini Kisses



Place quartered biscuits in a food processor and pulse to make a fine powder. Sieve and keep aside.


Cream butter in a medium bowl. Add the fine biscuit powder, the cocoa powder and the condensed milk. Mix to make a dough, if its not coming together, add a tsp of milk. Knead gently into a smooth dough. Make small balls. Roll in desiccated coconut and press the dried cherry or mini kisses in the centre.



These will store for upto a week in an air tight container. These beauties are not too sweet either.


17 comments:

  1. wow this is really nice and easy , always love your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely my kind of dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make these a long time back during my college days! It has never look as festive or as pretty as yours though. Have not made these recently...

    Happy Holidays, Namratha! :)
    Best wishes for a wonderful 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks delicious and cute!
    join in the savory event going in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a creative recipe. Look so good. They are actually so cute and colorful YUM!

    Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look gorgeous!
    My mom used to make it with Cadbury's gems on top though!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. looks very pretty.. Very easy and breezy to make too.. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess the phrase "cute as a button" was inspired by these cookies! I think we can also use chocolate flavored graham crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kind of instant cookies Nam :) They re tempting buttons

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're so cute and Christmassy! I was excited by the no-bake sign, then found out it requires some creaming and kneading - still too much work for me ;)

    A very happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, the magic of sweetened condensed milk! It makes the best, simplest, tastiest desserts! These are a great example, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will definitely give these a try. They look good & not to mention the effortlessness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks soooo pretty and perfect Nams.. simply awesome. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks to all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i luv this recipe....it makes me remember of my school days...will definitely try once.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely blog... I tried your bachelor buttons recipe today. here's my version on it -
    http://fragrantkitchen.blogspot.com/2010/11/no-bake-cookies-bachelors-buttons.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin