A little bit of This and That – CLICK

Well that’s exactly what my dish has, a little bit of this and that. This month’s theme for CLICK is “Noodles”. My better half and I are into Pasta and nowadays I find myself making Pasta more often than not. Last night was one such time when I set out to make a particular dish and realized I didn't have the kind of pasta the recipe demanded-- angel hair, so I decided to make do with what I had – spaghetti and fettucine ..hence the dish has a little bit of This and That.


Another reason for the pasta, I wanted to finish the fresh basil before it wilted on me.


Fresh Tomato, Basil and Garlic Sauce over Pasta



You will need:

1 large can whole peeled tomatoes
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 oregano sprig
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp sugar
1 pound Angel hair pasta (I used Spaghetti and Fettucine)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
1/4 cup chiffonade basil, plus whole sprigs for garnish

Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt the water generously and add the pasta. Cook for 13-14 minutes till done.

Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add the thyme leaves, oregano sprig, and chili flakes and saute until the garlic begins to turn golden brown. Add the tomatoes and the sugar and stir well. Lower the heat and cook slowly until the mixture is fairly dry, about 15 minutes.

Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Now add the Parmesan and basil and toss well. Garnish with more Parmesan and basil sprigs.

These are the pictures I took using a Canon Powershot A610.


And now for the entry to Bee and Jai's CLICK event:

A Little Bit of This and That

While the pasta water came to a boil, couldn't help taking pictures of the Spaghetti :) so here they are...

Realms of the Noodle world!


I'm nothing but an amateur in the world of photography,and I've taken only a few baby steps yet. This event is keeping me on my toes as well as shaking the rust of my brains as I'm always trying to figure how to take better pictures ...thanks to the duo for that! :)

30 comments:

  1. Baby steps are great. Noodles are yum, I like dry pasta photo too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though the pasta looks great, I couldn't get my eyes off the white star-plate:) I loved the Raw Noodles photo..grat work for an amateur:D

    -Mansi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! looks good.. pasta is my fav tooo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pasta is so simple and easy to make ....i will note it down and make it soon ..thks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. namratha - looks great girl..now i wish i had made that for dinner :)..and i really liked the dry spagetti first shot...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, thanks Mansi :) The star plate was like a prized find :-D

    Thanks Suman! :)

    Sure do try it Deepa, it tastes great too!

    Rajitha dear, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yum, Nam...Nice presentation and entry. i like the first pic of raw nooodles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a big pasta person, but when a dish looks as good as that it makes me want some :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The simplest of seasonings tossed with pasta is what tastes the best! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Namratha,

    Ur photos are great. They look so good. And the pasta dish looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the reams of the noodle world snap! Great food and a nice idea for click! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Basil chiffonade?...now I know that you're watching a lot of Giada:-)
    I love the combination of tomato -basil-garlic. I can almost smell it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, very nice snap for the event

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for a beautiful entry, dear namratha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats lookin wonderful namratha:))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks great...pasta esp..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Namratha, that's a beautiful' click'...and don't worry, we've all taken those baby steps...in fact still are.

    ReplyDelete
  18. d-lish!
    will take it anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautifullll pic namratha

    ReplyDelete
  20. delicious looking pasta! awesome pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Madhu :)

    Wow Meeso! That's nice to hear...

    Very true Laavanya, thanks! :)

    Thanks Vimmi, I'm glad you stopped by..

    Thanks Dhivya :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hehehe TBC, ya I know Giada uses that a LOT while cooking, but this one ain't hers :)

    Nags, Easy and Bee...thanks! :)

    Thanks Raks and Srivalli..

    Thanks Sunita, that means a lot coming from you dear...:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sure Richa, its all yours...hehe

    Thanks Sagari:)

    Thanks Lissie, nice to have you over..

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the pasta dish and the pic of the uncooked pasta is so beautiful. Move it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Namratha, the uncooked spaghetti pic is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful pics namratha and it looks soooooooo yummyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great looking noodles Nams......Look delicious....Nice patterns too :-))
    Please don't mind If I don't comment the next few months as I would terribly busy with my academic work......Hope u understand dear....I will be back in no time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cool pics!! Comeon you took pictures this good and you say you are still a kid??

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin