Sabudana Kheer

I'm back after a fabulous vacation with family and friends back in India. It was a sad feeling to come back, but after a few nights' sleep I feel at home again. From the time hubby dearest landed, it was one hectic time shuttling between Mysore and Bangalore and a lot of other places in between. I have travelled more in the past two months than I could have ever in the past two years..phew! But it was fun all the same and pleasant memories to last me ...well, till my next trip home. :)

Sabudana/Sago kheer is a family favourite and is made very often at home. Especially when all of us go through a bout of excess body heat (which runs in the family :D), sabudana kheer helps combat the effects. It’s simple to make and takes no time.


You will need:

½ Cup Sabudana/Sago
½ Cup Sugar
2 Cups Milk
1 tbsp Cashew bits
1 tbsp Raisins
¼ tsp Saffron
¼ tsp Cardamom powder
Water
½ tbsp Ghee

Bring a cup of water to boil and add washed sabudana. Bring to a boil and cook till sabudana is half done. Add boiling milk and let sabudana cook completely. Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron. Bring to a boil, add more milk if required. Heat ghee in a small pan, add the cashews and raisins. Saute till golden brown. Add this to the kheer and mix well. Serve hot or cold.


I am sending this over to Srilekha's event "EFM Theme- Sweets" over at Me and My Kitchen.

Will be catching up with each of your blogs soon. Have a fabulous weekend!


16 comments:

  1. Hi Nams,
    Good to see you back. Kheer looks lovely, reminds me of home..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had this dessert before.
    Glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time in India. Yeah when ones is there one is travelling a lot to see family, friends etc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am just geared up all set for our India trip..Kheer looks too good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back...looking fwd to posts about the food you had in India. You did pictures, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. missed your postings! this sabakki payasa (thats what we call it) is our family fav too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good to see a fresh posting on you blog Namratha!! I have been waiting for quite some time now!
    So good to know that you are back from India.. We are right now vacationing in Atlanta..was thinking of you the other day!
    Cheers and will hope to see posting more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Namaratha, Glad to see you back,it is so lonely after you come from India.The sabudana kheer is also my family's favorite.Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Namratha

    Glad to have u back..The kheer is tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back and wow what a stunning dessert!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nams, great to have u back - was missing u!! lovelyyyy pic of kheer.. looks yummy and i am drooling!! lolll

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nams, great to have u back - was missing u!! lovelyyyy pic of kheer.. looks yummy and i am drooling!! lolll

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see u back dear... Hope u had a wonderful time. The sabudana keer is very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. pic is very beautifully captured! it is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. kheer looks deleciousss namratha

    ReplyDelete
  15. One more thing ,Can I have your email id Namratha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to have you back nams:) sabakki paayasa is my fav!! looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin