White Pizza


I often make pizzas at home and when I don’t have time to make my own pizza dough, I use the store bought pizza crust. It works just as well.


My hubby and I both enjoy pizzas with lots of cheese. :-D But when we order a take-out or delivery, it really is very greasy and makes us very guilty later. Making pizzas at home, lets me control what goes into the pizzas…we get to indulge, but on our terms.


Pizzas usually come with a tomato based sauce, to make something different I chose to use Ricotta cheese.



White Pizza:

Adapted from Rachel Ray’s recipe


1 store bought pizza dough

Extra- virgin olive oil, for drizzling

1 ½ cups part skim Ricotta

3 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1 Onion, thinly sliced

2 cups shredded mozzarella

1 tsp Red Chilli flakes

1 sp Dried Basil

Salt and Black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425 F.

Stretch pizza dough on a baking sheet or pizza pan to form a pie. Pierce the dough with the tines of a fork in several places. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil around the crust. Mix the ricotta cheese, chilli flakes, garlic, salt and black pepper. Taste the mixture at this point and adjust seasoning accordingly.


Spread the ricotta evenly across the dough. Top the pizza with the sliced onions and the mozzarella. Bake until crispy, 20 minutes. Top the white pizza pie with the dried basil and serve.

The Ricotta ‘sauce’ base was very different and the garlic packed a punch to it. I’m glad we tried this one.

13 comments:

  1. ohh this is def new to me. i associate pizza with the colour red :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. new type of Pizza Nams..looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creative white pzza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Spinach Alfredo pizza, had it last Saturday. Ricotta pizza is new and looks fabulous. Sometimes, I use store bought Mamma Mia Pizza crust too, works very well and easy too. Good one Nams, I will try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Namratha, Pizza looks very yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ricotta twist on Pizza Bianca is a cool idea! The pizza looks yum.Reminds me of the popular New Haven style pizza.... never quite make pizzas at home but after looking at this one, I feel I should!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is cheese cheese pizza, very unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the addition of yummy ricotta!! great one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Namratha, this white pizza looks mouth-drooling. Must try recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...looks different and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking white pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is something new!! looks good..

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the pizza. i missed quite a lot dishes from your blog, would love to go thru it.
    cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin