Blueberry Coffee Cake

We are in the middle of moving houses and I have been putting off packing my bake ware to the very last minute. I hate having to dig into boxes if I do decide to bake something. All for good reason, since I did decide to bake one last thing before the move. ..Blueberry Coffee Cake.


I had one baking pan prepped (greased and floured) from another cake recipe, which I didn’t use, so for the sake of using the pan this cake came to be. Weird excuses, I know, all in the name of baking :D

The recipe is Ina Garten’s for Blueberry Muffins, but I made a cake instead of muffins. I halved the recipe to fit in the 8-inch x 2inch baking pan.


You will need:

6 tablespoons (3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cups sugar
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
¾ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup sour cream
1/8 cup milk
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp kosher salt
½ pint (1 cup) fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare an 8-inch x 2 inch round baking pan by greasing it and dusting it with flour.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla, sour cream, and milk.



In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low speed add the flour mixture to the batter and beat until just mixed. Fold in the blueberries with a spatula and be sure the batter is completely mixed.


Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake for 30 mins until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto a rack to cool completely.

This cake was incredibly moist and definitely scrumptious.

I am off to India for a few weeks, will try not to forget updating here while I'm busy gorging on mom's food :D



6 comments:

  1. Cute and spongy cake looks awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cake. I love to see all the blueberries there. But is this also a coffee cake? Didn't see any coffee in the ingredients. Thanks for sharing. MaryMoh at http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blueberry and this is so perfect for me. happy holidays for you. The cake looks so yumm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip! Enjoy and have loads of fun and good food :-)

    What a lovely scrumptious Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy...
    Think I'm gonna have to make this Wed. when my Momma comes for dinner but I'll be using wild black raspberries instead of blueberries :) Thanks for sharin.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cake. Lovely presentation. Love the recipe. I love blueberries. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin