Microwave Tomato-Garlic Chutney

Yes, you read right. A dish that has been made in a Microwave for the very first time on FLF. I am one of those who wouldn't dare 'cook' in the Microwave and confined this rectangular appliance to mere reheating of food(do I see nodding heads?). Back home among family, it seems to be a fad to own a microwave, an even more ignored appliance in the kitchen which sits in a corner under a host of other things collecting dust. Every relative I spoke to had only one demand, that I teach them how to cook and bake in a Microwave. I winced at the thought of doing either -- cooking or baking in a MW.

I finally cracked under the pressure and teaming up with mom decided to tackle this task head-on. Cooking and baking in the Microwave has already been taken to new heights here and I feel like a toddler taking her first steps.(Don't jeer at me oh great "Microwavers"!) Well, I had to start some day. Mom and I agreed upon a simple tomato chutney and a few minutes later, we were dunking into some finger licking goodness!


You will need:

1 cup chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Oil
1 inch piece ginger, grated
4 cloves Garlic
1/4 tsp Onion seeds (Kalonji)
2 tbsp vinegar (or to taste)
1 tsp Chilli powder
Salt to taste



Place chopped tomatoes, onion seeds and oil in a MW safe bowl and cook on 100% power for 4mins. Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Add the remaining ingredients, except vinegar, and continue to cook on HIGH for 7-8 minutes stirring thrice in intervals. The tomatoes should have softened and the chutney, fragrant. Add vinegar as needed depending on sourness of tomatoes.


Let cool and store in an air-tight container.

9 comments:

  1. Luv anything with garlic and tomatoes...looks too gud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous looking chutney..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop drooling...wonderful combo and looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veru easy to make tmpting dish...loved the colour.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a gorgeous looking chutney ...drooling here

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chutney looks super good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the chutney looks so chunky and yummy Namratha. Congratulations to you too, on completing 3 years of delicious blogging. Cheers to many more.

    Hugs,
    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pickle and its MWVersion.Visit my blog when time permits.http://shanthisthaligai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chutney looks fab!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin