Aloo Gobi Chettinad

We have family visiting us from India which has kept me on my toes taking them places and getting them familiarized with the American way of living. We even went on a road trip covering 3000 miles in 12 days. Was a whole lot of fun and now are back home to the usual grind.

On our road trip we had Aloo Gobi Chettinad at an Indian restaurant. It was spicy, just the way we like it. I recreated using what I thought went into the dish, and the results were pretty close. It is a simple dish quick enough to be made with less time.



You will need:

2 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups Cauliflower (cut into pieces)
2 Tomatoes, chopped
½ cup Chopped Onions
3 tbsp Oil
½ tsp Mustard seeds
10 curry leaves
3 Dried red chillies, cut into pieces
2 tsp Pepper powder
Salt to taste

Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the cubed potatoes and cauliflower. Return to a boil and cook for 6-7 minutes until almost done. Drain veggies and reserve.


Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and dried red chillies. Saute for a few seconds until the mustard seeds begin to splutter. Add the chopped onions and sauté until done. Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook until soft.


Add the boiled veggies, pepper powder, ½ cup water and salt to taste. Cover and cook for 8 minutes on low heat until the curry is simmering. Serve hot with rotis or rice.


Thanks to my readers for checking in during my absence, will try to update more often on here.

Have a great week ahead!

8 comments:

  1. Wow yummy curry....looks so gud. Nice clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aloo n gobi is my favorite combination ...ur clicks makes me hungry ...yummy

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouthwatering aloo gobi, yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really yumm...lovely simple flavors in it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Chettinad recipes..looks so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and delicious Namratha :). Love those rotis too.

    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loos so yummy!! I love gobhi and this recipe is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin