Festive Chocolate Fruit and Nut Squares


For the first time ever, I think I'm really into the festive season with all the baking and cooking. Anywhere you go its all 'Christmassy' ...lights, colours, decorations, gifts and not to forget the various holiday 'sale's. Even all the channels on tv are decked up for the season. Hard to avoid all the cheer!

Well whatever the reason, I just a need an excuse to cook or bake and share it with friends.

After the cookies I decided to make these Festive Chocolate Fruit and Nut Squares. Sweet and dark chocolate with dried fruits and toasted nuts, a feast to the palette.


You will need:

9 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup whole or split roasted, salted cashews
1 cup chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup chopped dried plums
1 tsp Orange zest plus more for garnish

Melt the 2 chocolates in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.

Meanwhile, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a ruler and a pencil, draw a 9 by 10-inch rectangle on the paper. Turn the paper face down on the baking sheet.

Pour the melted chocolate over the paper and spread to form a rectangle, using the outline. Sprinkle the cashews, apricots and plums over the chocolate. Also sprinkle the orange zest on top.

Set aside for 2 hours until firm. Cut the chocolate into squares and serve at room temperature.

Stacked up!

You can use any dried fruits you have on hand..cranberries, pineapples...your choice.

Festive Chocolate Fruit & Nut Squares is my entry to the event "AFAM - Dry Fruits" hosted by Latha of The Yum blog.

Also, the picture below is my entry to Bee & Jai's "CLICK - Show us Your Nuts"


Happy Holidays everyone!! :)

Update:

This is also an entry to Bindiya's event "These are a few of my favourite things -- Chocolate".



25 comments:

  1. Chocolate lovers will be deliriously happy to see these!:D
    Have fun Namratha, see you next year!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. U keep posting such yummy looking treats, I am just going to drop by ur house uninvited and gobble these up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Asha dear...enjoy the rest of your vacation...see ya next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyy Gayathri, so good to see you here finally..!! You are welcome anytime dear..I'm heading over to your blog now :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made something similar too, Namratha. Looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. there is so much of chocolate and nuts happening in the food blogosphere. i am so happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kind of a snack. However, I won't bother with baking sheets and paper and rectangles, I'll just wait impatiently to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give me give me
    I love chocolate.
    Happy holidays and see u next year

    ReplyDelete
  9. nammu..as usual yummy! btw. you can also sumbit this to the event hosted by bindya of in love with food...where you got to send entries of ur fav. chocolate dishes....http://inlovewithfood.blogspot.com/2007/12/announcing-are-few-of-my-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, I love dried fruit with chocolate...and nuts, sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rajitha I agree,send this to me Namrata -soon!!-lovely yummilicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Namratha, I'm very happy nowadays with all the chocolate around me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Suganya, waiting to see yours :-D

    Hehe, try all of them Nags :)

    Haha, Sra that is so nice of you to wait, hope that happens soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All yours Happy, happy holidays to you too dear :)

    Hey thanks Rajitha, I had seen that on someone's blog but had totally forgotten! Thanks for the link...will send it in :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Meeso, try them... :)

    Hiii Bindiya, glad you stopped by, will send it in dear... :)

    I know Sunita, chocolate makes everyone smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum, those choc and nut squares look very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its raining nuts and chocolates all over.....makes my mouth water all the time...

    These seem to be the melt in the mouth kind....love the sight

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Vegeyum, glad u could stop by :)

    Thanks Bhags, these sure did melt in the mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Namratha
    Visited your blog through the blogger's network and and must say,am impressed by your content and display. I will visit your blog often.
    Am a fellow blogger with love for cakes. Greetings to you from Botswana for new 2008.Do pass by my blog whenever you can

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Namratha!! these are pure delights:) I just tasted these at a candy shop recently so I can imagine how delicious they would be..and it's a perfect entry for both the events girl:) nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Namratha, I wish I'd known you when I lived in Atlanta!! These fruit & Nut squares look divine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A wonderful treat nams...These taste yummy...really yummy...couldnt stop at one.. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful pile of chocolate squares. Gosh, I simply love em!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely chocolates namratha! Being a chocolate fanatic this is a must try for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Namratha
    I love this.....Nice blog design with yummy recipes.... WomensKingdom

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin