Tomato and Basil Bruschetta and Creamy Farfalle

Bruschetta is one of the easiest and quickest ways to make a snack which is light on the calories and hard on the satisfying part. There are a million of ways to top French bread, but the classic bruschetta is an all time favourite.

Tomato and Basil Bruschetta

You will need:

½ French bread loaf
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 clove of Garlic
2 Plum tomatoes chopped
Salt and Pepper
½ cup Fresh Basil roughly chopped
Parmesan shavings (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut garlic in half and set aside.

Slice the loaf into ½” thick slices. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven for 5-8 minutes till the bread turns crisp. Alternately you could toast the slices in an open pan on the stovetop.

Meanwhile, to the chopped tomatoes, add 1 tsp of Olive Oil, salt and pepper. Stir in the basil leaves.

While the slices are hot, rub them with the cut side of the garlic to infuse flavour into the bread. Top with the tomatoes and garnish with parmesan shavings. Slide a vegetable peeler against a slab of parmesan cheese and you get nice wide shavings.

Serve immediately.

Creamy Farfalle

Farfalle is one of my favourite pastas after Penne of course. I am always well stocked on both and is such a breather when I need to make a quick meal just for myself. When my hubby takes off for lunch on a weekday with his colleagues instead of coming home, I feel lazy to cook rice and daal for myself, that’s when pastas comes into the picture.

You will need:

1 Cup Farfalle (Bow-tie pasta)
½ Red Bell pepper thinly sliced
¼ Cup fresh peas
½ cup chopped fresh Basil
Salt and pepper
2 tbsps Cream
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 clove of Garlic thinly sliced

Bring water in a pot to a boil. Salt the water and add the farfelle, cook for 6 minutes, till done. Drain and keep aside.

Heat oil in a pan. Add the sliced garlic and bell pepper. Saute till done. Add the cream and peas. Simmer, till the peas are done. Stir in the farfalle and basil. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

Tomato and Basil Bruschetta is my entry to Game Night party over at Fun and Food.

I'm also sending in Santa Fe Wraps with Classic Mexican Salsa to the same event. The salsa can be made ahead of time and the wraps can be fixed in a snap.


25 comments:

  1. Brushchetta is a staple in our house. I just made some on Wed. night with roasted peppers and brie cheese. Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for those lovely dishes namratha...I bet they'll be a great addition to the party:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Namrath,
    all the dishes looks appatizing and very colourful. can make any time for quick snack. Lovely entriees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bruschetta and make it all the time. I top it with mozzarella.:-)

    Your pasta looks so good that I am tempted to make some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! this is awesome ...I have a fun party coming up at my place ..I will surely take this recipe ...thks for sharing and excellent entry !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pasta is my anytime Fav! I have to try your pasta recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pasta and the bruchetta look very inviting. This reminds me of the time i lived in France. Lovely pictures of both of them. Great Work.

    Btw, i love goat cheese with my bruchetta or even brie. Grilled/roasted eggplant on top... slurrrpp.

    Archana
    http://www.archanaskitchen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture of the pasta looks so good that It's actually making me crave some...and I'm not usually a pasta person :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. pasta looks so beautiful namratha I am going to try your veggi stew tonight ,I let u know how it turned out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Susan, I bet yours must have been great too :)

    Thanks Mansi, the pleasure was mine:)

    Thanks Madhu :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks TBC :) Hmmm, mozzarella, that must be great too!! Do try it, its simple and great tasting.

    Thanks Deepa, do try it :)

    Do try it Suman..

    Thanks Archana, wow you lived in France? Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's nice Meeso, I hope you will try this, I bet you will love it!

    Thanks Sagari, oh do let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. U r so right about bruschetta being a classic favourite.....nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. all of them look great..but the farfalle takes the cake..looks great!! btw. you are aware that i am hosting an event right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey, those wraps look so good, will try for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. the pasta looks very appetizing. It is ages since I made pasta at home

    ReplyDelete
  17. Penne followed by Farfelle is my husband's preference too. That creamy bowl of pasta looks too delicious to pass up. Bruschettas look so rustic... Nice one Nammu.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooooh lovely entries!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a perfect snack. I just loved the topping, simple, neat & flavourful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. finger food.. perfect for snacking.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Nams,
    Eversince I saw your masalapuri recipe wanted to try it and did it this weekend, it was very delicious same taste as the 'gaadi' once. We had it with white corn chips, used this instead of puris. Thanks we really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Jayashree! :)

    Thanks Rajitha, and yes I am working on yours dear...how can I miss your event?? :)

    Thanks Richa, do try them :)

    Try this one Shankari, its delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Laavanya :)

    Thanks Nags and Pooja

    Thanks Mallugirl :)

    Thanks Madhu, glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love bruschetta and farfalle cream pasta! You have a wonderful site!

    I found you through the list of my fellow competitors for Game Night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Tablebread, glad to have you over:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin