Eggs travaganza….time to CLICK!

It’s been really exciting to see so many creative minds at work to get their Egg pictures submitted to CLICK. This month’s theme being Eggs, its no doubt eggs all the way! After looking at all those entries I was at a loss what to do! Then something came to mind and this is what I clicked with a Canon A610.

Looks like Mickey Mouse's eyes to me... :)

Egg Art!



"Stuck in My Heart"


I took these pictures over the last week so obviously didn't have all these eggs on one day! :) "Stuck in My Heart" is off as an entry to Bee and Jai's CLICK.

Wait, wait there's more Eggs headed your way! When Kanchana announced the theme for Weekend Breakfast blogging - Omlettes, I was all ga-ga! She said Frittatas too come under this category and I've been dying to try this since long, so here goes.


Egg and Pasta Frittata (Serves:6)

The following is the original recipe, I scaled it down to serve 2. You can do the same.

1 12 ounce box Fettuccini pasta
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
Salt and black pepper
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
8 extra large eggs, beaten

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Add pasta and cook 6-8 minutes -- al dente. Pasta will continue to cook in frittata. Drain and reserve.

Heat a large nonstick skillet with oven safe handle over medium high heat. If all of your skillets have rubber handles, cover handle tightly in foil to protect it. Add oil and butter and melt together. Add cream and reduce for about 3 minutes. Add cheese and nutmeg, salt and pepper. Toss sauce with cooked pasta to coat. Add parsley and beaten eggs to the skillet and stir gently to combine.


Allow the eggs to set up on the bottom of the pan and become firm. Transfer pan to hot oven and bake 10 minutes, until golden. Serve from the pan or transfer to a platter. Serve hot or cold, cutting frittata into wedges.


The Frittata was creamy and rich, but not heavy in the slightest. It was fulfilling and tasty to the last bite.


This is off to Kanchana's Weekend Breakfast Blogging

I'm done with Eggs for a few weeks now..hehehe!


26 comments:

  1. namratha...wow! the heart is adorable and the frittata looks great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namratha! Love the pasta frittata! Wonderful entry.

    Kanchana

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your lovely entry, dear namratha. i have sent you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow great entry namarata! the frittata looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your entry...very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Namratha, Thats very very innovative and super good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely *CLICKED*.
    I like the egg & pasta frittata. What a fab brunch for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stuck in my heart...thats an apt nomenclature...nice pic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey good pic with the heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool!! I didn't know you eat Eggs. Great to know that. Stuck in your Heart is so cool. Frittata of course is my fave!:))

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Namratha....Nice cute 'romantic' entry for click dear....:-)
    Kya baat hain Romance is in the air...:-)))))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thaz one hearty frittata! Cool pics n idea Namrata!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool mice eyes..and egg art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Rajitha:)

    Thanks Kanchana, I'm glad you like it.

    Thanks Bee and Roopa:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Tee and Sharmi:)

    Thanks TBC, I had this one for brunch alright...!:)

    Thanks Bhags, that's what first came to mind, hence the name!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Happy:)

    Now you know dear Asha..hehe! thanks!

    Hahaha..Sirisha, hmm interesting thought...romance! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Padma and Rina, appreciate your kind words:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely entries Namratha... I've never tried adding spaghetti to frittata.

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely pics....cute heart!!!! love ur frittata...

    ReplyDelete
  20. gr8 pics, thoughtful settings and arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love "Stuck In My Heart" :) The frittata looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Lavaanya, try the Frittata, its a lovely combo of pasta and eggs:)

    Thanks Remya:)

    Thanks Swaroopa, glad to have you over:)

    Thanks Meeso:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. it stuck my heart too namrata!!:) looks beautiful, and a nice entry..I'm still struggling with mine, hope i can make it in time!!

    as u r done with eggs, how about trying some Peaches now??:) send in an entry to AFAM-Peach..details on my blog. I'd love to have one of your dishes in the roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  24. thats such a sweet looking 'stuck in my heart' photo. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those are lovely clicks indeed, especially the 'hearty' one...and the frittata looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mansi, thanks dear, I'm sure you will make something creative too ;)

    Thanks Grihini:)

    Thanks Sunita:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin