Cake, cakes and more Cakes!!

Last week was the busiest week of my entire life…really! I had 3 cake orders and all in the very same week. I was so overwhelmed that I was actually getting orders for cake :) Something I haven’t even advertised for!!!


One was for Wednesday, a friend’s anniversary – her gift to her hubby. Another was for Thursday, a friend’s birthday – her hubby’s gift to her :-D Both were pineapple pastries (pastry..the one we get in India in the pricier cake shops, sponge cake layered with whipped cream, pineapples and cherries) and were easy as I had done them before. One was heart shaped and the other was good old round one. I had to decorate with the whipped cream which was a little tricky as whipped cream doesn’t hold shape when piped. I found a neat trick which actually worked..more on that later. Feast your eyes on the two cakes for now, both friends were pleased.



And finally the big cake for Sunday, a Hannah Montana theme cake. This was for an 8 year old. First when her mom called to tell me the theme, she mentioned Hannah Montana and Bratz. Hannah Montana sounded familiar because I had seen a Walmart commercial on tv for all of her stuff….anything with her face on it! Hannah Montana is a show on Disney channel where a girl is a pop singer but hides her true identity at school so that she is treated just as others (this is what I know :D) Bratz….err…who or what is that? I had to google that while I was still on the call and find out that Bratz is a group of 4 fashionable Diva girls, the latest rave among young girls. Aaagh….what was I supposed to come up with???


Finally after much deliberation and a couple of hours looking for ideas, I decided to make a guitar shaped cake, guitar since she is a pop singer and would be appropriate. Here’s how it looked.



With all this baking I had catering orders in between too, so it was one helluva hectic week. But I’m glad I got through it, it will surely be one week I will look back to always.

29 comments:

  1. U've been busy!! Cakes lok SUPER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey superwoman, all three cakes looks fantastic. Needless to say abt the last one, which shows the effort put in. Gr8 work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely cakes...i especially liked the round one with flowers on it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great cakes, all three... :)

    And Hanna Montana... that girl is a billionaire, can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome. wish you many more orders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully baked and decorated cakes...guitar cake is so perfect..Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all cakes looks fabuluous..superb girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's just lovely. u do catering also? wow!! way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Namratha, all the three cakes are simply'wow'!!!..btw, next time you need any info on those Bratz babes, ask me...I know quite a lot about them now, courtesy Rengoni :-DDD

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! My son would love that Guitar cake,he is doing Guitar major in middle school!:)
    They all look yummy!Great job girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. U have been quite active...great looking cakes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh beautiful cakes.
    You are getting a realy pro

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cakes..Sure you must be very busy ..Like the guitar cake..Nice color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. u r quite a baker, aren't you :)
    all look good, am so happy for ya sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful ones... god!!! its raining cakes in ur blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, beautiful cakes. I would love a recipe of eggless pound cake if you have one. Thanks, Meghana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super Sexy cakes Nams!! Very neat n im sure yummy too... (drool drool) wish I could lay my hands on some.. (drool again)

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful cakes namaratha

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, if u were here, definetly i would have order one :) I wish u many more orders...... I love all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You certainly have been one busy lady!
    Good to see that business has been picking up.
    Aren't u glad that u have this space to document everything?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Namratha
    very well done ! You have a flair and your expressions have come out excellent in all the three cakes. Great way to go, girl !

    ReplyDelete
  22. How talented you are!!!Brilliant thinking,Great confession!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your booming business Namratha! You were were super busy to make these awesome cakes... I see the last one is for a girl named Anushka - that's my daughter's name too :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. All the cakes look beautiful Namratha....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cake looks simply beautiful Namratha, if you were staying close to me I would have ordered too, my daughter's b'day is this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Namratha,
    My b-day is coming up in May. How can I place an order? :)
    These cakes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks to all of you for your comments :)

    Oh sure Sunita, will remember that the next time :)

    Yup T, I'm so glad I can show off here..hehe :D

    Hey Laavi, nice to know your daughter is Anushka too :) You can always show her this cake and say it was for her too :D

    Thanks for the thought Madhu :)I sure wish u were close by.

    Thanks Susan, I would love to bake a cake for you :) all you need to do is tell me ;):D

    ReplyDelete
  28. What beautiful looking cakes Namratha - well done :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin