Spaghetti with a kick

I have friends who just can’t bear to eat Pasta – reason: it’s bland! Hubby is not big on pasta either unless it’s seasoned and flavoured well. I tried this last week and he was pleased.This is for all my friends out there who hate pasta, try this and I’m sure you will be having second thoughts about Pasta.





You will need:


1/2 lb Spaghetti

1 tbsp Olive oil

½ cup Onion, chopped

½ cup canned Black beans, drained and rinsed

½ cup canned Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed

½ cup Yellow corn, drained

1 Cup Marinara sauce (I used Roasted Garlic & Herb)

1 tsp Cumin powder

½ tsp Hot sauce (adj. to taste)

¼ cup Water

Salt to taste

1 tbsp chopped fresh Cilantro (Corriander)

2 tbsp Grated parmesan


Bring a large pot of water to boil.Salt generously and add the pasta. Cook for 13 minutes (less if you like a bite to it).





While the pasta is cooking; heat a pan with olive oil. Add the chopped onions and sauté till translucent. Stir in the marinara, cumin powder, black and red beans, corn and hot sauce. Stir and bring to a simmering boil on medium heat. Stir in ¼ cup Water to make a sauce consistency. Simmer 2 minutes and turn off.


Once the pasta is done, drain and toss with the sauce. Season with salt as required. Just before serving, sprinkle the grated parmesan and chopped cilantro on the spaghetti.





I was pleasantly surprised how well the flavours came together and made the pasta almost ‘Indianized’ if I may say so. The corn cuts the heat from the cumin and hot sauce. Its definitely a party in your mouth!



15 comments:

  1. Pics are beautiful!! I customize pasta too :) This looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I indianize my pasta so much the only thing left to put in it is curry patta :) I love this pasta, it will be my fall/winter to go recipe :) such pretty pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must taste great! I'm also not much into pasta, but this I could enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a total pasta-lover. I always think of indianizing it with all those spices. Yours looks perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also not a pasta-lover but the idea of adding those spices sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great idea to Indianize dishes coz its so flavourful and satisfying!snaps are mind blowing
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  7. TH finds pasta bland too! Thanks for the kicked up version :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cumin in Pasta sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome shots! I too wasnt a pasta lover until I started spicing it up! This looks so delicious and tempts me to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beans and pasta sounds a grt combination, i too often indianize my pasta with masalas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hubby is a big fan of pasta...That plate full of pasta looks yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious and I like the flavours like cumin that you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hemanth loves pasta!! should try this

    btw, tried ur sringeri halwa, was a hit.. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pasta looks delicious n flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, let me know if I can publish this recipe in my emagazine DNS, DNS is promoting food bloggers from India by publishing recipes from Indian blogs based on a monthly theme giving full credit to the author/blog.
    if you are ok then mail me your short bio and pasta/spaghetti recipe to ver.neha@hotmail.com
    Check my website here www.dinenshare.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin