'Toast' Iyengar Bakery style


And the craving for more freshly baked ‘Iyengar’ bakery goodies continues… as if the Benne Biscuits,Khara Bread and Khara Biscuits weren’t enough, I had to go ahead and make my version of the “Toast”…spicy and yummy. 


You will need:

4 slices white bread
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Oil
½ cup Onions chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 carrot, peeled and grated
3 green chillies, chopped
¼ tsp Turmeric
Salt to taste
½ tsp Sugar
1 tbsp chopped Cilantro

Heat the oil in a small pan. Add the onions and green chillies, sauté until done. Add the chopped tomatoes, grated carrot, turmeric, salt and sugar. Cook until tomatoes are almost done, slightly soft. Turn off heat and cool slightly. Top with chopped cilantro. 



Butter the slices of bread and toast them on a griddle or pan until slightly browned. Divide the mixture among the slices and serve while still warm.

8 comments:

  1. I've made this too...yummy isnt it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one ...looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. droooooooooooooooooooooooooling!looks grabilicious :P would love it with a hot cuppa !!
    Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love them..I can have a set of 5-6 slices at one go..love it very much..yummy yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, cant take my eyes from ur toasts, irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had made this too & tastes superb!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks absolutely delicious and guess what in my fridge I have some yesterdays bread, tomatoes and carrots only!! Tomorrows breakfast or tea is this!!
    Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking great..nice ....lovely click.....which making me hungry

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin