How to make Hot Fudge Sauce I Hot Fudge Sauce


Warmer days seem to be around the corner though I have nothing to complain about this past Winter. Almost felt like a mix of Spring, Summer, winter and a little bit of rain!! Having said that who doesn’t love care-free summer days, when you and the kids can down a tub of ice-cream and not have a care in the world! This post is for one of those days..in the very near future.

One of my favourite indulgences is smooth creamy Vanilla ice-cream drenched in luscious Hot fudge Sauce, topped with nuts and sprinkles and candy and more sauce and…… well that would be a definition of my boys’ Sundae not mine! :) I would just stop at the nuts. A good big handful of it.





When I first made this Hot fudge Sauce from Dorie Greenspan’s “Baking From My home to yours”, boy was I in chocolate heaven..mmm finger liking good indeed! This makes a good batch and can be frozen too. My boys being chocolate fans, this is on their list of favorites too! The best part about this sauce is it forms a nice shell the minute it hits the cold ice cream…delicious!

You can use Bittersweet or Semi Sweet chocolate for this. I prefer Semi-Sweet.

You will need:
Makes: 1 ¼ cups



½ stick or 4 tbsp Unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
6 ounces Bittersweet or Semi sweet Chocolate, finely chopped
¾ cup Heavy cream
3 tbsp Light corn Syrup
2 tbsp Sugar
¼ tsp Salt

Set a glass or steel bowl over another pot of simmering water. The bowl shouldn’t touch the water. Put the butter in the bowl, top with the chocolate and heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from heat one its smooth.

In another pan, stir together the cream, corn syrup, sugar and salt. Combine and bring to a boil. Boil for a minute and then remove from heat. Pour ¼ of this mixture onto the chocolate and using a rubber spatula combine in circles. When combined add the remaining cream in two additions and stir until smooth and shiny. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before using or transfer to an air-tight container.




If chilled, this sets up hard. To use it, warm gently in the microwave on low power setting to melt it and make it shiny and smooth again.

Top your favorite ice cream with this warm sauce and enjoy!



This is for Srivalli's Kid's Delight event, guest hosted by Kalyani, themed on Chocolates.

This event is part of the Blogging Marathon Series. I’m taking part in a blogging event after a really long time and exactly what I needed to get me back into blogging! More posts to come :)
BMLogo

Do check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#74




26 comments:

  1. Looks so fabulous and sinful Nams..i know one can simply drink that fudge just like that 😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fabulous and sinful Nams..i know one can simply drink that fudge just like that 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delicious silky smooth chocolate sauce. Looks so yum..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed this is finger licking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my ! This is terribly sinful , just want to lick some from that bowl .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! That bowl of ice cream really looks sinful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm drooling here. Chocolate heaven.... Mmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely sinful, such a delicious fudge sauce, droolworthy definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bowl of ice cream is something I would love to indulge in right now.Yummy sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that chocolate fudge sauce looks soooooo delicious. Perfect to drizzle over just about anything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't think of a better topping for ice-cream. Your's looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This fudge sauce sounds amazing and I can just imagine it drizzled over ice cream and sprinkled with nuts as you suggested. I actually have never made my own fudge sauce but I can't wait to try once it gets warmer outside

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone thinks that hot fudge and ice cream go well together except me. LOL. I don't like ice cream. I like hot fudge used as a dip. Graham crackers dipped in hot chocolate fudge is soooo good. This fudge looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good chocolate Sauce!! Yum.. goes over anything and everything!! A dash of Kahlua and I'm in heaven.. My kids love it over any ice cream.. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh goodness gracious this hot fudge looks so incredible. I want to just eat it with a spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummm. I'm all about the chocolate sauce and this looks great. Perfect topping for ice cream and so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chococalte cant go wrong.. this looks super yum

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks so decadent! I could finish it all in one go :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks sinfully delicious! There's nothing like silky, homemade, hot fudge sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks divine!!! Nothing that could ever take the place of this chocolate sauce!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need a bowl of ice cream, right now! This hot fudge can go on top of my ice cream, my cake, my peanut butter and jelly sandwich...

    ReplyDelete
  22. YUUUUUUUUM! Love this recipe, looks amazing. Hot fudge on everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is dangerous to know how to make from scratch! The picture looks so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh myyyyy.... I love hot fudge, and would happily drink it, haha! This homemade recipe looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never made hot fudge sauce at home although I love slathering it over desserts + toasts. Thanks for sharing such an easy recipe and I'll definitely be trying this soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin