Taste & Create VI – Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

It’s time for that event again where we get a chance to explore a partner’s blog and make a dish from their blog. Taste & Create is an event created by Nicole of For the Love of Food. It’s a good excuse to actually make something from another’s blog, than just adding the recipe to a “to-try” list.

My partner or should I say partners this time were the mother and daughter duo, Psychgrad and Gizmar of Equal Opportunity Kitchen. They have a wide array of dishes on their blog. As always, my quest was for something which involved baking and I finally zeroed in on the Banana Chocolate chip Muffins.

I followed the recipe to the letter, and halved it to make 6-7 muffins.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:

You will need: (Makes 12 Muffins)

2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups of mashed ripe bananas (about 4 large)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add chocolate chips. In a separate bowl, whisk together bananas, butter, milk and eggs. Pour flour mixture and stir just until blended. Fill batter ¾th way into paper-lined muffin pans.

Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and tops are firm to the touch.

I baked these muffins on Sunday night and sent them with my hubby to Columbus, Ohio. He has been traveling from work for a few weeks now. I sure wouldn’t have eaten all 6 muffins (7 actually, I ate one!), so off the muffins went with him. He told me his colleagues enjoyed them.

I must say Banana and chocolate come together very well. The muffins were moist and I had to resist eating more than one! Thanks to the ladies at the Equal Opportunity Kitchen for the muffins and to Nicole for another series of Taste & Create.


I also would like to share something with you all. I had sent in two pictures to The Deccan Herald online edition and both of my food pictures have been published.

The Valentine's day hearts I made out of cake can be seen here: (picture in right panel)

The Sankranthi home-made acchu is here: (picture in the bottom of the page)

18 comments:

  1. Very cool! Good choice. Glad that they were a success for you. I'm thinking of making the pita and hummus. Hummus is something I've been meaning to try making for a while now. I'll update you when it's all posted. Nice to be paired with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to know that ur pictures were published...the acchu were unbeatable

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great event, isn't it? The muffins look great... And congrats on getting your pics published...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your published pics look beautiful, Namratha! And the muffins are so fluffy- it is fun to see all the baked goods emerging from your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Banana abd chocolate always go well. The muffins look delicious.
    Congrats with the picture

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, Coffee had a event like this MBP, I had always loved this event, but she is too busy to continue now. Love the event, will see if I have time to send!:)
    I like Muffins, great combo. I will look at the Deccan Herald after this comment. You are doing very well Nams, proud of you!:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Banana and chocolate do make a lovely combination.. muffins look awesome Namratha and what an interesting event.

    ReplyDelete
  8. banana and chocolate wonderful combo namratha and i love your crepess a lott

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made muffins yesterday! Yours look lovely. I've made strawberry choc muffins before.:-)

    Yay! your pics have been published!
    Namratha, you've had a great 2008 so far and itz only Feb!
    BTW, of late I have been having a bit of a problem getting here. The page takes forever to load and when it finally does, the entire thing freezes and I have no option but to reboot! That's no fun at all...:-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow..lovely miffins....can u parcel this to me..i am drooling here:))))

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favorite color combinations! Thank you for an awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations on getting your pictures published :) the muffins look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My pleasure too Psychgrad, thanks for stopping by. Let me know how the hummus and pita go.

    Thanks E dear:)

    It sure is Sig, thanks dear!

    Thanks Nupur...yup the baking bug has bit me, so a lot more to come :)

    So true H, thanks dear:)

    Oh is it, I had no idea, thanks Asha dear :):)

    Thanks Lavaanya, you should take part the next time...its fun!

    Thanks Sagari:)

    Wow Strawberry muffins, that's awesome T :) Yup this year is off to a good start...hope it stays that way!!:)

    And I'm so sorry about the page freeze, I guess it's the slide show in my header which sure takes a while to load,and if net is slow, then it could take forever. I'm planning to change my header shortly, so hope it won't hang on you then... glad you stopped by...been a while since I saw u around:)

    Hehe, none left Dhivya, maybe next time :-D

    thanks Suman:)

    Thanks Cakespy, glad to have u over:)

    Thanks Mandira:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your pics being published - great news way to go girl!!! Love these muffins as i drool all over my keyboard lol

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder why I never thought to put chocolate chips in my banana muffins...now I will try for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. yummy muffins,me too posted choco chip muffins yday,but without bananas..

    ReplyDelete
  17. They were yummy. However some of my family felt it needed some more sugar - probably the bananas weren't as sweet as expected... But, I loved them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin