Tomato Rosemary Muffins

Ever since I bought the Better Homes & Gardens Baking book, I have been meaning to make these mini muffins. Don't let their size fool you, there is a burst of flavour in every bite!


You will need: Makes 36


1 ¾ cups All purpose flour

1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese

2 tsps Baking powder

½ tsp dried Rosemary, crushed

¼ tsp Baking soda

½ tsp Garlic powder

½ tsp Pepper

1 beaten Egg

½ cup Milk

½ cup Tomato sauce (or substitute with store bought Marinara sauce)

1/3 cup Olive oil

2 tbsp Grated Parmesan cheese



Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a mini-muffin tray.


In a medium bowl, combine flour, parmesan cheese, baking powder, crushed rosemary, baking soda, garlic powder and pepper. Make a well in the centre and set aside.


In another mixing bowl combine egg, milk, tomato sauce and olive oil. Add this mixture all at once to the dry mix. Combine with a wooden spoon just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).

Spoon prepared batter into the greased muffin pan, 2/3rd full. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on each muffin. Bake for 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes, then remove and serve warm.



Note: These can be made in regular sized muffin pans too, increase baking time and bake till light brown.


I used Marinara sauce and the aroma was heavenly when these muffins were baking . They were very tasty too.


15 comments:

  1. ooooh savory muffins! awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made savouy muffins, these looks indeed yummy.
    And the way youwrote about bursting of flavours, make me drool for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look who is back?! ;D

    Love the savory muffins, welcome anytime than the sweet ones. Looks yum.

    Happy new year! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ve never made savory muffins! never seen a muffin so pretty! You are taking lot of beautiful pics these days Gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking of Savory muffins, and looks like I found a recipe that will make my tongue and tummy happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh savory is for me Nam :) I can imagine a perfect breakf! Looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. savoury muffin looks yummy, i prefer this over sweet ones, tomato gives nice colour and flavour to the muffins.looks good..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never thot abt using Rosemary and Tomato sauce for Muffins...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this looks so cute!! I have never even come across tomato muffin! This is a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, what a nice muffins...looking damn cute...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muffins look very very cute.. Looks like everyone is int baking :) Great going

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...the muffins look yummy and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love savoury muffins and yours look so adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow the flavors in this sound so interesting! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These muffins r new to me..looks yum,will giv it atry...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin