Q for Quick Breads - Strawberry Pecan Quick Bread - Day 17


We are past midway through the 3rd week of the Mega Blogging Marathon. Here comes letter Q and Quiche was my very first pick but as my list took shape, I realized I already had two recipes from France so I had to find something else for this letter.So I decided on making a Quick Bread.

Q for QUICK BREAD – USA




Quick Breads are breads that are leavened with agents other than yeast. These are exactly as their name suggests.. Quick. You mix the wet to the dry ingredients and bake, that’s it. There are over 50 variations to a Quick Bread and I picked just one among them. I chose to do a Strawberry Pecan Bread, a combination I haven’t tried before. And would you believe it, this is the first time I tasted a Pecan! Almost like a Walnut, but different of course. Having lived in Georgia for almost a decade now, a State known for Pecans, I feel like a dunce for not having tasted these before. I’m a Walnut girl I guess! :) I just happened to pick up Pecans on my last visit to the store (the smallest pack available) and used all of it in this recipe.




This bread had the right amount of sweetness. The strawberries and pecans go well together. I've Banana Walnut Bread before, which is a Quick Bread too. 

You will need:
Makes: 2 mini loaves
Recipe adapted from here

½ cup Fresh strawberries, finely chopped
¾ cup All- purpose flour
½ cup Sugar, plus 1 tbsp
½ tsp Cinnamon
¼ cup Vegetable Oil
1 egg, beaten
½ cup Chopped Pecans

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour two mini loaf pans. I used Wilton’s ceramic ones.

Toast the pecans in a small pan for a few minutes. Remove to a plate and cool. Chop into tiny bits.

In a small bowl, combine the chopped strawberry and the tablespoon of sugar.




In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine egg and vegetable oil, add it to the flour mix. Now add the strawberries and give it a good mix until pink in color. Stir in the pecans. The batter will be very thick which is how it should be.  

Divide the batter between the prepared pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Cool in the pans for 10 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.


The touch of cinnamon, strawberries and pecans all melded into this moist beautiful loaf. It is a perfect snack and tastes even better the day after its baked, like Banana Bread. Store leftovers in an air-tight container for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 75

9 comments:

  1. Such an amazing quick bread with my favourite fruit. Anything with strawberry is my favourite and pecan as bonus ingredient, am in love with those slices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty looking loaf. My daughter loves strawberries and now I have to bake this for her. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loaf... Never tried strawberry and pecans together but by looking at the pattern it is so beautiful and I bet it would have tasted great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those slices look so inviting Namratha..I have always made banana bread..will try with strawberry..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one moist and delicious looking quick bread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quick bread are a wonderful way to indulge in breads when craving for some. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious looking bread that too with strawberries.... yummm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strawberry and pecans together is just wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin