Reminiscing the pretty past…

Well you know what I'm reminiscing, its not just me but a lot of them have been doing the same thing.

Hmm, where do I start? I accidentally came up on millions of food blogs from across the world when I was looking for the Kannada translation of a particular ingredient on Google. Up came Asha’s blog and from there a whole world of other blogs. I was amazed and impressed at the same time. I spent a day or two browsing through a few blogs, one link led to another and then another and then another!!! It was endless and then it struck me that I could have a food blog of my own too.

I had a blog before, containing all the poems I’ve written. I made it ‘invisible’ once I published my first book containing the poems. (You can look at my book here) I had almost given up on blogging because once I had filled the blog up with all the poems, I had nothing more to write about!! Accepting the fact that blogging wasn’t for me I had moved on till of course I was again brought into the blogging world, but for a different reason.

My passion for cooking is very recent found one…7 months ago if you had asked me if I liked to cook and wanted to have a blog, I probably would have given a nod in the negative. Well, I used to cook but was for the heck of it. It’s funny and amazing how things can change so quickly. The thought of having a new blog and at the same time getting to like cooking and experimenting, really got me started. Six months and 15 days later, here I am with 78 posts and a whole lot of blog buddies :)

Now I cook with passion and enjoy every bit of it, and it sure gives me pleasure sharing my recipes. A lot of them ask me what I get in return for having a blog, I say “ a whole lot of happiness, encouraging words from blog buddies, and the immense satisfaction that somewhere someone just might be trying out one of my recipes”. That certainly is good enough for me!

I’ve been putting off doing this post since the day Nupur announced the “Best of 2007” because I thought I wouldn’t have anything to write!! Look at me, rambling on like there’s no end..hehe

Ok, back to the post in all seriousness, following are 10 of my favourite recipes of 2007. I thoroughly enjoyed myself while making these dishes as well as photographing them. Oh, that was another thing I learned to do because of this blog….food photography. I’m still taking those baby steps, I know I will get there some day!


Best of 2007 – My 10 Favourite Recipes:

Trifle Pudding -- My favourite dessert of all time, simple and great tasting. Has some good memories associated with it.

Black Forest Cake -- Baked this for hubby dear’s birthday…his fav cake

Chocolate Cake -- This one was for a friend’s birthday….she sure was happy :)

Peas and Spinach Rolls --Mom’s recipe…My first attempt at it, and everybody loved it.

Vegetable Bajjis -- My mom-in-law’s recipe for a unique delicious bajji.

Pizza -- I made the pizza dough, mom was proud of me :)


Baath Masala Dosa with Bisi Coffee -- A new take on good old Masala Dosa and a refreshing cuppa filter coffee to wash it down!

Pineapple Gojju -- Granny rules..with this recipe

Santa Fe Wraps and Classic Mexican Tomato Salsa -- This was a prized find in a fabulous cookbook.

Enchiladas with Salsa Verde -- My hubby and I love this and I know I will be making this one over and over!

That was my account of the better half of the year 2007, I'm too lazy to think of what I'll do in 2008, so we'll let that pass for now.

This is headed to Nupur of One Hot Stove..thanks to her, we got to blow our trumpets!

Wishing all of you a very Happy & Prosperous 2008 !!

26 comments:

  1. its so much fun to see the recaps featuring in all the blogs now. thats a nice array of best recipes. have a wonderful new year, Namratha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe that you only just started cooking with a passion! Everything here makes it to my favorites list for sure :)
    Happy New Year, and thanks so much for taking the time to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having a lot of fun reading all of the end of year posts. Yours is very wonderful. Happy new year and a joyous 2008 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nammu..i am for sure glad you have gotten hooked to cooking coz i really love ur blog :)..it has been a pleasure to know you virtually..and am waiting to see what 2008 has to offer..wish you a fantastic 2008!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. namratha, that is such a wonderful array of recipes...looking forward to many more wonderful posts from you...wish you and yours a great new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big fan of your pineapple gojju..:)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We both started cooking on kind of similar terms Namratha, If had someone asked me how about a food blog 5 months back, my answer would have been - "Nah! Me cooking hahaha!".. Now, I am so addicted to food blogging that I am in constant quest of what to post next! Lovely Roundup dear.. Have a Joyous and Blissful 2008!

    ~ Siri

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true Nags, I'm enjoying all those posts too...thanks and you have a good one too! :)

    Thanks a lot Nupur, it was my pleasure to participate.. :)

    Thanks Vegeyum, I'm having fun reading those too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Rajitha dear,and the pleasure is mine too, glad we bumped into each other :D

    Thanks Sunita :)

    Nice to know that Shankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's so cool Siri, glad to know we started off alike :) You too have a fabulous year ahead dear..

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've selected an interesting and diverse top 10. Isn't it funny how many of our food favourites are 'related' to family and friends. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice roundup namratha wish u a happy and wonderfull newyear

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely compilation of dishes :)
    Best Wishes for 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you decided to food blot! Look at the delicious things we would have been missing out on.

    Happy new year to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats so coooool namratha.. The recipes are mouth-watering.... Wish u a happy new year 2008...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list of recipes! The Salsa Verde looks especially delicious.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sure is Jerry, and its a blessing indeed to learn so much from family :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Thanks Sagari:)

    thanks Anu, Richa & Cynthia:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Fiber, nice to have you over:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Namratha, that pineapple gojju looks so thick and delicious, I could dip my spoon in right off the monitor! Wishing you and yours a wonderful Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Namratha, how did I miss the dosa and the gojju! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha, thanks Linda, wishing u too a wonderful 2008! :)

    Thanks Mandira, you have a wonderful year too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on publishing your book of poems. That's so cool.
    I can't believe you just only started to cook because your recipes are awesome & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a nice trumpet that was too!:D

    Looks great, have a wonderful year ahead. Hugs to you!:))

    ReplyDelete
  24. A very happy new year to u!! A nice collection of the past..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Even I have a book full of my poems namratha, only I never tried publishing it:) glad you found a new passion in food girl!

    wish you a healthy and happy 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yum, what a list! I think I want to try the Peas and Spinach rolls...they caught my hungry little eye! I will be looking forward to more of your posts this year...can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin