Bananas with Custard

Summer really has you craving for something cold and chilling. Here's a recipe for a dessert which is good for any time of the day...it also happens to be one of my favourites. It’s very simple, requires very few ingredients and is ready in a snap!


Bananas with Custard:

You will need:

500 ml Whole Milk
25 gms. Vanilla flavoured Custard powder (Recommended :Brown & Polson)
3-4 tbsp. Crystal sugar
2 ripe banana













  • Take 2-3 tbsps of milk from the 500 ml and mix with the custard powder to make a thin paste without any lumps.
  • Bring remaining milk to a boil.Add the sugar and stir till sugar dissolves.
  • Now add the custard paste to the boiling milk and stir continuosly on low flame till it thickens about 2 mins. When the custard coats the back of a spoon in a thin layer, remove from stove and let cool completely and then refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
  • Slice ripe bananas and place in a serving bowl. Top with cooled custard.
  • Garnish with fresh cream and cherries or chocolate syrup and grated chocolate/cherries…or simply spike it with your choice of toppings.










Go on and indulge..!! :)

9 comments:

  1. Nice dessert there, do you get Custard powder everywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha,you get this in the Indian store,its an Indian brand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Namarath, Have you visited the Food blog Desam website, do get your blog on it so that more foodies can find you here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I made a the worst spelling mistake with your name in my last comment Namratha :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Priya, I wrote to Food Blog Desam a couple of days back but looks like my blog is still not on the roll yet. IS there anything else that I need to do to get my blog up there? Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Namratha
    Thanks for d finger licking receipes!!!

    Today i made Banana with Custard, very easy n fast to prepare; verrry yummmmmy :))
    I added Nuts to it (as im a fan of nuts)

    Somehow i used to think Custard might b tedious process , hey again u proved it wrong :)
    (hu can i forget ur tips to chapati !)
    Proudly i can say ....in cooking matters anybody can blindly follow u and become a good cook lik u!!!!!!!

    Plz keep postng d easy n delicious receipes more n more!!!

    Tnx - Shru

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shru, thanks a ton for the lovely compliments:) It's very encouraging and keeps my spirits high. I'm glad you liked the custard. Watch out for more yummy recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Namratha,

    This time when coming back from India, I picked a couple of custard packs in different flavors (you don't get all flavors here I guess), I am so glad that I hit your blog and found some amazing recipes using custard. I tried this custard today & I should tell you, my husband didn't even wait to get it cooled properly and it is almost finished...lol...so it was a hit
    Thanks for all the recipes & keep posting. I am gonna be a regular visitor now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's my pleasure Nimisha, I'm glad you liked this and happened to stop by my blog too, hope you will find more recipes that are of interest to you here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin