Tindora (Thondekai) Palya


Tindora (thondekai) is such a versatile vegetable which goes with almost anything. It tastes best when it is spiced up. This is a family favourite and I make this very often.

You will need:

¼ kg Tindora
4 Guntur 4 Byadagi Dry red chillies
2 pods garlic
1 cup coconut gratings
1 tbsp oil
½ tsp mustard seeds
Few curry leaves
Salt to taste










Wash and quarter the Tindora lengthwise (if Tindora is small, halve it). Boil and keep aside. Grind red chillies (use chilli powder if you don't have whole chillies), coconut and chopped garlic to a rough paste. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and the curry leaves. Add the ground paste and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the boiled Tindora and mix well so that the paste coats the Tindora. Season with salt and serve.





13 comments:

  1. I wonder how many recipes are you posting at a time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Namratha,
    First time here, I love todekai and all recipies made with it.
    Are you from karnataka ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharmi, hehe..I'm posting all what I make here..so what cooks in my kitchen is on my blog, atleast for now, till I run out of things to make :D

    Hi Madhu, I'm glad you stopped by..yes I'm very much from Karnataka..Mysooru :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi nammu, I love Tondekai palya, posted one at FH.Still at the beach, will be home today!See you tomorrow at FH, RCI K announcement!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Namrata,

    Happy to learn that you are from Mysooru:) Nammuru Mysorooru....I love tondekayi palya too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Namratha, Palya thumba chennagi kannuthide!!! Neevu kooda Mysorinavara... Cool, nanu kooda...

    TheMistressofSpices.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asha, I'm waiting for the RCI Karnataka :) Hope you are having fun!

    Hi Lakshmi,hey neevu Mysooraa? That's nice to know:)

    Hey Aruna, thanks!Glad to know you are from Mysore too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this vegetable. It isone veggie that tastes good even without any spices.I make this very often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so true TBS, I can't imagine life without Tondekai..its just too good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    Mysooru KaDeyavarE.
    BahaLa santhOshaNivvellaa chennagiri.

    Thondekayalli Chips maadthaare gothe?
    Southe kaai gaali thara hachikoaLLi.
    Leave it for some time to dry.
    Fry like U do Aloo slices
    Then smear a mixture of salt+kharapudi+a little sugar.
    Eat with anna saaru.
    Baayalli neeroorithe. Nice.
    Have a good time.
    Bye
    drtknag@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey I came across your blog while searching for this recipe.... It looks great.... Nanu mysore indhane... Nimma blog nodi thumba santosha aythu...

    Roops

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tried it today and came out amazing...reminded me of mom's cooking. Thanks for the recepie

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow nice to see so many from Karnataka and Mysore.. namdooo mysooru :-)

    Nice recipe.
    and also thanks for that thondekai chips recipe @shunne

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin