Celebration time! Thai Red Curry & Jasmine Rice

I was in for a pleasant surprise last evening when I checked my blog..1000 hits in just about two weeks…feels amazing! I know it’s not a big reason to celebrate but for me it is, since it shows more people are here to see what I make….thanks to all my old and new foodie friends. This couldn’t have happened without y’all !:)

Well that’s what I am celebrating and my hubby dear was excited about it too…so we did celebrate at home…I made Thai Red Curry, a favourite to both of us. We love Thai food and it is not possible to visit a Thai restaurant all the time so whenever the 'Thai food' bug bites us, I just make a Thai meal at home. :)


Thai Red Curry:

You will need:

For the Red curry paste:

1 onion cubed
1 tbsp Lime juice
4 dry red chillies
5 cloves of Garlic
1 thumb size Ginger
¼ tsp White pepper (substitute black pepper)
1 ½ tbsp red chilli powder
1/8 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Corriander seeds (powdered)
3 tbsp Regular Soy sauce
2 tbsps Honey
½ can coconut milk








Other Ingredients:

2 cups Cabbage chopped
2 Carrots sliced at an angle
1 cup Cauliflower
1 large Green bell pepper sliced (can also use red and yellow peppers)
1 Japanese eggplant cubed
1 cup Babycorn sliced
1 ½ cans coconut milk
1 cup Broccoli (optional)
Salt to taste
1 tbsp oil











Place ½ can of coconut milk and all other ‘paste’ ingredients in a blender and make a smooth paste. This is the home made Red curry paste.

Heat oil in a pan. Add the red curry paste and stir fry for a minute. Add the other can of coconut milk and stir. Now add the vegetables that take the longest time to cook: Carrot and Cauliflower. Stir well and bring to a simmering boil. Add salt. Turn down heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Now add the 2nd can of coconut milk, bell peppers and eggplant. Stir well, cover and cook for 5 more minutes.Cook for longer if bell peppers are still very hard. Lastly add the cabbage and broccoli (if using). Cook till cabbage is done. Remove from heat, taste and if bitter add more honey. Sprinkle with fresh basil/mint and serve with hot jasmine rice.

Jasmine Rice is also called Sticky Rice. It is usually served with Thai curries. Jasmine Rice has a distinct aroma and flavour which goes great with the spicy curry.


A tasty Thai meal in minutes! Enjoyy! :)

14 comments:

  1. if you made dosa and filter coffee.. what else did you expect ?
    now you move for thai.. do you ever rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, well I do sometimes..but right now I'm rearing to cook..thanks for stopping by Rajitha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the curry looks good, i like thai food just my hubby dear is not a fan. This looks good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    thai curry looks delicious love to have with some noodles.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congrats!! Thai red curry looks delish...great way to celebrate!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Happy Cook:)

    Thanks Madhu, go ahead and try it with noodles..I'm sure it will taste just as good!

    Thanks Tee:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1000 hits in 2 weeks! WOW!!:)))
    Enjoy. Thai curry looks good,great color.I wouldn't mind a plate. See you next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's my first time visiting your blog and I get to see this awesome looking dish! I love Thai food but have not tried to cook any on my own, why, I do not know...but soon I think I'm going to have to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1000 hits in 2 weeks is actually an achievement Namratha....love your thai curry, nice colour

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Thai curry Namratha - looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good one,Namratha. I am bookmarking this one.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hii Meeso, you really should try this curry, if you like Thai food,I'm sure you will love this one!:)

    Thanks bhags, I'm glad you stopped by..:)

    Thanks Lavaanya and TBC...hope you will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi,
    1000 hits in 2 weeks ..that deifintely is a reason to celebrate .I love this Thai curry .. now will make it at home too ....keep up the great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks very decilious and am going to try this soon. I have become a great fan of your blog and have passed it on to my friends. The pictures are so tempting!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin