Roasted Potato with Farfalle


I simply love Pasta( I don't know how many times I've said this already :D) and sometimes just can’t get enough of it!! All the various pasta shapes make me want to try each of them. You will surely find Penne, Farfalle and Elbows in my pantry anytime, and the occasional Rigatoni and Rotini/Fusili. I often replace one type of pasta in a recipe with another, with whatever I have on hand. It still looks good and tastes good, so no harm done.

I saw this recipe in Rachael Ray’s monthly mag and didn’t waste time in trying it. The actual recipe calls for Penne, but I used Farfalle since I had run out of Penne.



You will need:


2 Large Baking potatoes

¼ cup Olive Oil

Salt and pepper

2 Cups Farfalle or any small pasta

¼ cup chopped Basil leaves

2 tbsp Butter, at room temp


Preheat oven to 450F


Cut the potatoes into ½ inch cubes. On a baking sheet, toss the potatoes to coat with olive oil,salt and pepper. Arrange in an even layer. Roast until golden and crisp at the edges, around 25-30 minutes.


Meanwhile boil the pasta in salted water for 8-10 minutes till pasta is cooked through. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Add the butter, chopped basil and a tbsp of oil. Mix to combine, add the roasted potatoes and toss well. Adjust seasoning and serve hot.



Two of my fav ingredients, pasta and potatoes in one dish, it couldn’t get better than this!!

21 comments:

  1. Pasta is my fav too :)
    pics look good... so the dish has to be super good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so good!love to have this anytime

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.k. that's one combination I've never tried- pasta and potato! Rachel Ray's good but Giada's better. ;-)

    I too love my pasta .:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a simple pasta recipe..will try it sumtim..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another of those combos that I would never have thought of - pasta cooked this way with potatoes! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pasta with potatoes..This I got to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Potato looks like Paneer... Love the simple recipe Nam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delicious - R Ray does come up with some interesting combinations...

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the simple version of pasta. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh i love pasta too!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. pasta is my fav this will nice i guess..

    ReplyDelete
  12. so were you in carb heaven ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yup, carbs does that to people...lol
    lovely looking pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pasta with potatoes....sounds good Namratha

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so simple and it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never would have thought to put pasta with potatoes, but it looks delicious! Carbalicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very interesting combination!! Will give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooooh I just love Pasta and this sounds & looks delsih :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely looking pasta

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pasta and potatoes, that is a great idea.... and I love the simple flavors in this pasta... that is just the way I like it...

    ReplyDelete
  21. How unusual! A veritable carb fest ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin